|Quantity in stock:
Shotgun MTB Seat
The world's favourite front mounted child bike seat
Join thousands of happy mountain bike families around the globe. With your child riding shotgun, you'll foster a love of the outdoors and a passion for riding bikes. The only problem you'll have is getting them off!
- With your child riding shotgun, you’ll help foster a love of the outdoors and a passion for riding. The only problem you’ll have is getting them off it.
- Designed for children 2 – 5 years (up to 22kg or 48lb)
- Full rubber protection (for your alloy or carbon frame)
- The shotgun seat has adjustable width, adjustable angle and has a fully adjustable saddle. It fits top tubes from 30 – 68mm wide, and down tubes from 30 – 100mm wide.
- Adjustable width to fit any frame size or shape
- Adjustable angle to fit flat or sloping top tubes
- Quick release for easy fitting and removal.
Is my child old enough to use the shotgun seat?
The shotgun seat is designed for kids 2 years and older, but every child is different – and you know your little one best. We have kids as young as 18 months who are loving riding up-front, but as a general guide, the following signs are a good indication that your little person is ready to ride shotgun:
- They can sit unaided
- They can follow basic instructions
- They can stay awake (for the length of your bike ride)
When will my child outgrow the shotgun seat?
The shotgun seat has a maximum weight limit of 48lb / 22kg, which for most kids will see them safely riding shotgun until 5 or 6 years – or until they are more interested in riding their own bike instead, which is a great result.
Is my child too tall to use the shotgun seat?
The shotgun seat does not have a maximum height limit, but if your child is 4 or 5 years old, and is very tall for their age, and you the parent are rather short – you may struggle to see over your child's helmet whilst riding.
We are doing our best to provide accurate and up to date descriptions, specifications and images of our products, but we cannot guarantee that they are absolutely correct. Please contact us if in doubt, or to confirm a particular feature or a spec which is important to you.