Terms and Conditions
JV Bike's business policies are simple, straight forward, and honest. They reflect our mission of introducing environmentally friendly and healthy transport alternative to this part of the World. Bicycles, from Performance Commuters to Hybrid, Comfort, and other Urban models, including Electric, Folding and adult tricycles are a great and very cost effective way of transportation suitable for fitness and for any community. Our goal is to have a real impact, not just a political speech, or a green propaganda to target particular consumer groups. We simply want to significantly increase the percentage of the population using two and three wheel vehicles in their everyday life - from going to a neighbourhood grocery store to an everyday commute to work. This 'simple' goal is not simple at all. In order to have the majority of the population on our side we know that we have to offer only THE BEST:
The Best Quality -- we offer only the best quality products. We would never compromise quality regardless of 'tempting' profit margins.
The Best Choice -- we have the finest choice of two and three wheel human powered, or electrified cycles in this part of Canada.
The Best Price -- we will match the lowest price at any store1 in Canada for any products2 that we offer. Please see our detailed Price Policy here.
The Best Knowledge -- you can always count on our un-biased advice, regardless of if you are buying from us or from somewhere else. We like the products that we sell, and we want you to feel the same. Only good products can help to spread this idea of new, fun, and healthy transportation.
The Best Warranty and Exchange Policy - Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. We will always go a step further from the original manufacturers warranty and policy in order to keep our customer happy and make them enjoy the products we sell for as long as possible.
The Best Bicycle Buying Experience - This means that when you buy a bicycle, or a tricycle, and pick it up from our store we guarantee and provide the following:
- The BICYCLE / tricycle is PROFESSIONALLY BUILT and ADJUSTED
- FREE MAINTENANCE* for as long as you own that bike / trike (free standard tune-ups, and any other adjustments)
- FREE** accessory and component INSTALLATION at the time of purchase
- NO LABOUR CHARGES on any WARRANTY WORK
*Applicable only to Individual Customers for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Commercial Customers and Individuals using a bike or a tricycle for commercial use are not eligible.
This Policy is not transferable and it is only applicable to the original Customer. The bicycle / tricycle must carry JV Bike sticker. The Policy only applies to products built and adjusted by our mechanics. The Policy does not apply to shipped products, or products sold as 'un-opened' box.
**All accessories and components are bought at the JV Bike.
We are commited to 100% Customer Satisfaction
If you are not happy with a product you just bought from us, or you simply changed your mind, or whatever the reason is, we will try to make you 100% satisfied for doing business with us. This means the following:
- IN STORE PURCHASES: 100% refund on products within 30 days of purchase* returned in "new, un-opened" condition.
- ON LINE PURCHASES: 100% refund minus CANCELLATION FEE** on cancelled orders*** when the payment was processed, or on returned products within 30 days of delivery for all products* returned in "new, never used, sealed box" condition.
IMPORTANT: The Shipping cost for delivered and returned products will not be refunded.
*This policy does not apply to Custom Orders and items listed on the ‘Clearance’ page.
IMPORTANT: Bicycles, Tricycles, Child Trailers, and any product containing re-chargeable batteries with the capacity above 4 Ahr CANNOT be returned or exchanged - please see all the exclusions below.
**Payment Processors are constantly increasing payment fees which are not refunded to us when we refund your payment. At this moment that fee is 5% which means that amount will be deducted from your refund.
***If the payment was not processed the online order will be simply cancelled.
- Returns and Exchanges for opened boxes, and used items that are still in a new, re-sellable condition are also acceptable within 30 days of delivery*.
There is a 20% percent restocking fee for all open box/used products. An additional percentage may be deducted from your refund if there are obvious signs of use, damages, etc.
*Custom Orders and items listed on the ‘Clearance’ page do not qualify for a return under the ‘open box’ policy.
**Bicycles, Tricycles, Child Trailers, and any product containing re-chargeable batteries with the capacity above 4 Ahr CANNOT be returned or exchanged - please see all the exclusions below. Bicycle parts out of sealed packages cannot be returned.
IMPORTANT information for On-Line Customers:
- Please be aware that any cancellation of already paid order is subject to the cancellation fee
- Please check your shipment carefully before signing the delivery. Any visible damage on the box should be entered into the courier's log. Our shipments are properly packaged but sometimes damage can occur through transit. Shipments are insured and all damage should be reported to the Shipping Agency.
- Please check the content of the shipment upon receiving your order. We try our best not to make mistakes, but nobody is infallible. Please report any missing items within 7 days from delivery date.
- If you for some reason need to return your purchase it is important to request our RA (return authorization) number first by phone at 604-694-2453 or by sending us an email to [email protected]
The cost of shipping from and back to us is unfortunately non-refundable.
- Please package all returns properly. Even if you insure your shipment a Shipping Agency may refuse to pay for any damages if the shipment was not properly packaged according to their standard.
THE 'BIG PRINT' - THIS IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Sales of the following products are FINAL:
- All Bicycles
- All Tricycles
- Child Seats
- Helmets, and any other wearable items in direct contact with your skin
- All Bicycle Parts unless they are in the original, sealed packaging
- All Accessories that require installation unless they are in the original, sealed packaging
- Any product containing re-chargeable batteries with the capacity above 4 Ahr
These products cannot be returned or exchanged.
We provide an excellent, no pressure environment, with the expert knowledge of these products. All of the above listed products can be tested, checked in the every possible detail, and we will answer any possible (reasonable) question about them. Please make your buying decision wisely.
Layaway and Deposit Policy
JV Bike allows items in stock to be placed on customer’s layaway up to 30-days. The following rules apply without any exception to every single item on the Layaway:
- Deposit Required
The product can only be placed and kept for the Customer if a deposit is paid. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE and it is in the amount of 20% before taxes. The deposit can be paid by any form of payment accepted at the store.
- Layaway Length
The product is kept up to 30 days from the initial purchase, i.e. from the day when the deposit is placed. The Customer is under the obligation to finalise the purchase within 30 days of the deposit payment which means the following:
2.1. The balance is paid in full
2.2. The purchase is picked up from the Store
The Deposit is cashed by JV Bike if the Purchase is not finalized within 30 days, and JV Bike is released of any further obligation towards the Customer.
- Deposit Application
The deposit can be applied only to the Original product specified on the Deposit Sale Receipt, or eventually to a product of the SAME or HIGHER VALUE.
There are no exceptions to these policies.
1Please compare only with real, brick-and-mortar, stores. We definitely cannot compare to countless internet only, and other kind of 'overnight' businesses. We are real and here to stay ... and we are still providing you with the best prices, despite paying a rent in the most expensive real estate in Canada!
2This policy applies to all of our main products - bicycles, folding bicycles, electric bicycles and electric systems, tricycles, and electric tricycles. We cannot include parts and accessories into this policy because there is such a wide variety of similar products, or 'no name' products that it is really hard to determine if they are the same or not. In any case we are doing our best to provide our customers with the best deals for everything that we offer.