|Quantity in stock:
Brooks B15 Swallow
Made By Hand. Shaped By You.
The B15 Swallow is a faithful reproduction of a bicycle saddle originally patented by Brooks in 1937 at a time when Brooks Saddles were exported to the continent for professional cyclists competing in the Tour de France and other races. Today's Swallow still bears the original patent declaration “deposé” having been registered in the Paris patent office. The timeless design of the Swallow remains virtually unchanged today, and is finished with machined rivets and a chromed steel frame.
- Durable Vegetable Tanned Leather
Only the finest premium vegetable tanned leather for strength, beauty and durability.
- Shapes Over Time
Journey after journey, our leather naturally moulds to the unique shape of the rider for a more comfortable ride.
- Lasting Comfort & Breathability
Leather is a naturally breathable material that provides a unique type of well-being. The leather top is suspended over the saddle rail to create a suspended moulded seat, similar to a hammock, for tailored lasting comfort.
- Extended 10-Year Guarantee*
The Brooks extended 10-year guarantee on all our leather saddles is founded on the quality and consistency of materials and the exceptional work of our craftspeople.
- Handcrafted Since 1866
Our workshops have been crafting Brooks iconic leather saddles for more than 150 years.
*By registering your Leather Saddle on Brooks Website within 3 months from the date of purchase, you can extend the standard 2 years of guarantee to 10 years total.
- LENGTH: 285 mm
- WIDTH: 153 mm
- HEIGTHT: 62 mm
- WEIGHT: 490 gr
We are doing our best to provide accurate and up to date descriptions, specifications and images of our products, but we cannot guarantee that they are absolutely correct. Please contact us if in doubt, or to confirm a particular feature or a spec which is important to you.
- Chromed Frame Assembly
- Durable, 5mm thick, Vegetable Tanned Leather
- Machined rivets
- The iconic Brooks back plate
- Cycling in the city
- Road cycling
- Fast touring
- Vegetable tanned leather top
- Tubular steel rivets
- Steel rail / copper plated
- Maintaining your Saddle will ensure that it becomes comfortable and durable. Proofide is the ONLY substance that should be used to care for your leather saddle. Carefully formulated from special ingredients to condition, preserve and showerproof, helping protect the leather supple and to keep it supple. With regular use, your saddle will adapt to your body and retain its beauty, comfort and support. A new saddle should be treated at least once to help to assist the ‘breaking-in’ process and protect the saddle against the elements. Never apply Proofide to a wet saddle.
Apply a small amount of Proofide to the finished top side of the leather, allowing it to permeate until dry. Polish off completely with a soft cloth to avoid getting any residual Proofide on your clothes. Also apply Proofide to the underside of the saddle. Leave this coating on to protect against dirt and moisture. Proofide may be used several times during the ‘breaking-in’ period and periodically thereafter. Do not overuse.
After the break-in period, it is normal and proper to tension the saddle to retain its shape and comfort. To tension the leather top, turn the nose bolt nut clockwise, 90° at a time, checking after each turn until the desired tension is reached. You can use this tension spanner or an Allen key.