The new BioKork version of the GP1 provides ultimate ergonomics for the hand just as the rest of Ergon’s Performance Comfort series do, however the unique qualities of cork means that it is now antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
Cork’s natural damping qualities also make it an ideal grip material, and its now density mean the resulting grip is a lot lighter.
The GP1 BioKork uses 40% cork, sourced from sustainable forests in Portugal which is certified for its ecologically sound production. This ecological theme is continued throughout the rest of the grip.
The inner core is plastic reinforced using natural fibre, which make up 40% of its mass. In place of mineral oil, the gel in the palm section of the grip is vegetable oil based.
The clamp can also be 100% recycled. It is all a result of Ergon’s “GreenLab” initiative.
• GP1 made of 40% sustainable cork
• Antibacterial and hypoallergenic
• Cork provides natural damping qualities
• Inner core is plastic re-inforced with flax
• Gel in palm section is vegetable oil based
• Unisex sizing (S/L)
• Model Suitable for Standard (trigger) shifters, or no shifters